Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Summer Marches On ....

The daylilies continue their show and we have started transplanting for next year. The mums are growing fast and need to be spread out. Hard to believe!




'Red Ribbons' (above) is a pretty spider daylily which won 'best spider' daylily in 1992.



Above is a close-up of 'Howard Goodman' and a shot of the row in the gardens. Interesting that I also grow a daylily called 'Howard Goodson.'

Among the new and impressive blooms -


Starman's Quest




Snow Blizzard




Ruth Whitten




Moses Fire

My planting by the milk house did nicely this year


and 'Jackmanii' clematis did particularly well.


Tomorrow I deliver flowers to a wedding in Thetford, so it will be the first time I have missed farmers' market. I'm sure they will survive without me!

No comments: