Tuesday, March 26, 2013

New Petunias at Amanda's Greenhouses

The "big" greenhouse is filling up and it's always fun to try out new plants.  The Proven Winners series have come up with some good varieties over the years, and I am looking forward to seeing how 'Lemon Slice' calibrachoa performs.  It is new to the industry and has already won all kinds of awards.
(Photos courtesy 'Proven Winners')



LEMON SLICE Calibrachoa


There are several Proven Winner 'supertunias' I always grow, and this year I am adding the following to my selection:


RASPBERRY BLAST


LAVENDER SKIES

From the Danziger Company I am growing one of the Cascadias series which is also an award winner.


CASCADIAS VIOLET SKIRT

All of the above petunias are grown from cuttings, not seed.   They don't need deadheading and they stand up to poor weather better than 'seed' petunias.



No comments: