Thursday, March 10, 2011

The 2011 Gardening Season



I have closed my various online vintage clothing selling sites and have changed my answering machine to say "Amanda's Greenhouse," so for me, the season has started. Fortunately, no cuttings were delivered in the beginning of the week, because we had a major snow storm. Doubly fortunate is the timely return of my 31-year-old son who went from balmy weather in Guatemala to shoveling paths in the snow for his Mom.

The big concern is the fuel bill. I have a 300 gallon tank that needs to be filled with oil every week for a while. Over the years I have managed to keep my prices low. We'll see how things work out. Meanwhile, seeds are sprouting, cuttings are being delivered at an alarming rate and the workload looks unsurmountable. The again, I always feel that way this time of year.

No comments: