Thursday, July 18, 2019

New Vermont Perennials - SALE


(Sorry, no mail order...) Closed Mondays.  Open every other day - 9 am - 5 pm.  www.amandasgreenhouse.com


I am rebooting my blog to plug my sale of perennials in 4.5 inch pots - three for $10.  These are all new perennials for me and I am planting them now with plans to dig and sell next year for $8.99 each.  I have more than I need for next year, so I can offer surplus plants now at the sale price,  mix and match as you wish.

SILVER STAR DIANTHUS


First there is “Silver Star” dianthus.  My other dianthuses (dianthi ?) overwinter fine here.  I can’t guarantee this one until next spring when we see how the field-grown plants survived.  It has a fragrant double white bloom with a cherry red eye and is deer and drought resistant.



BLUE MARVEL SALVIA

Another new perennial I am trialing  is “Blue Marvel” salvia.  It is a dwarf salvia with large, plump 12-inch high violet blue flowers.  It attracts pollinators and is deer resistant.



        
RUNNING WITH SCISSORS PHLOX   


                                                      
                                               MCDANIEL's CUSHION  PHLOX

I have two new creeping phlox - Running with Scissors” and “McDaniel’s Cushion.”    “Running with Scissors” is a violet pink and it has that name because the split pedals resemble childrens’ training scissors.  It is fragrant and deer resistant.  "McDaniel’s Cushion" has a bright rose pink bloom and the foliage is more pointy than Scissors.


GRAND PARADE MONARDA

"Grand Parade" Bee Balm is a compact cultivar (12 - 18”) and White Flower Farm describes it as “exceptionally hardy and mildew resistant.”  It has lavender/purple blooms.


MONCH ASTER

“Monch” Aster blooms earlier than fall asters with lavender blue flowers. It grows 2 - 3 feet.

Among the other perennials in the sale are:

Lacy Blue Russian Sage
Echinacea (cone flower) Magnus
Sedum kamtschaticum 
Phlox paniculata - Laura
Phlox paniculata - David
Sedum - Autumn Joy
Anemone Pulsatilla
Baptesia
and Sidalcea - Party Girl

No comments: