Thursday, July 23, 2009

Daylilies Blooming in my Gardens Today

The dayliles are finally beginning to open. Here are some photos I took this morning in the "road garden." The first is 'Barbara Mitchell', a pretty pink 6" bloom that has been around since 1985 and was the top vote receiver in the American Horticultural Society popularity polls.



BARBARA MITCHELL



Next is a true white daylily, 'Gentle Shepherd.' I think this may be the whitest daylily available. 'Ice Carnival' and 'White Formal' both have an underlying yellow tint. 'Gentle Shepherd' can be variable with its flower form, but it remains my favorite white (until you ask me next time.)


GENTLE SHEPHERD



'Sunday Gloves' is another nice white daylily, although not quite as pure as 'Gentle Shepherd' it probably has a more consistent form.

SUNDAY GLOVES


'Holiday Delight' makes a bright and bold statement in the garden.

HOLIDAY DELIGHT


And I will end with 'South Seas' which has an unusual bright coral/tangerine coloration.



SOUTH SEAS

1 comment:

Greenhouses said...

Hey
This blog is really great; I have gone through all the posts.